Saturday, April 16, 2016

Chaddo and Connie update

Chaddo was completely down for 4 months from the end of July until sometime in November but now he is up and going pretty good.  I didn’t know if we were going to make it but persistence paid off and as he healed he started getting up and walking on his own. He is still way down in his pasterns but he is up and moving and that is huge. He is playing some with the puppy Excalibur but I have to supervise that activity pretty closely.


I am doing better as well. They did a bronschoscopy on me and found a rare bacterial infection in my lungs that I have had for a long time. It isn’t contagious but it has caused me progressively worse pulmonary problems and last time at the pulmonologist I was only breathing at 60%.  I have been on antibiotics now for 8 weeks and I am much better; hopefully my next trip to the doctor I will have better lung function. I am starting to have a sense of well-being that I haven’t had in a long time. Of course I still have some lung problems as I suppose there is damage already done but I am really happy to be feeling better. So all in all the news is good.